Weight Loss Photo Timeline With Kathy Evans

Kathy Evans had weight loss surgery at the St.Vincent Bariatric Center of Excellence over ten years ago. And not only did she lose over 200 lbs, but she’s kept it off all this time, too.

We couldn’t be more proud of Kathy, or any of our patients for that matter. We know it’s hard work, but if you stick to the program, as you can see, the end result is worth every minute.

Kathy, on right, is at her highest weight, 353 lbs, here in this photo with her grandmother.

Kathy, on the day of her weight loss surgery, weighs 325 lbs.

Two months post-op and Kathy no longer needs to use her cane.

Two years post-op and dressed up for her son's wedding. Kathy's lost 225 lbs.

Ten years post-op, Kathy shows off some old clothes and her cane that she no longer needs.

Ten years later, Kathy still fits in the pair of leather pants she purchased after reaching her post-op target weight.

If you’re interested in learning more about weight loss surgery at the St.Vincent Bariatric Center of Excellence, come to one of our free information seminars, or contact us here.

This entry was posted in Blog, Success Stories. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Weight Loss Photo Timeline With Kathy Evans

1. Jan Covington says:

Kathy, WOW….I remember when you had your surgery. The pictures tell your story well. Congrats Kathy! You look fantastic!
    I lost right at 200lbs… but then I stayed there. Thats all good but I need to lose more. Its a constant battle for me. I still love my cokes. BIG no-no.
    Again congrats and never forget where you came from Sweetie!
    Love ya Kathy,
    Jan

2. Kathy Evans says:

Jan, Thanks for your kind words. You had your RNY at St. V’s in the same time frame I did, so we have been bari sisters for over 11 years. We attended all the support groups at St. V’s together. Having this support system was and IS the glue that keeps me motivated, encouraged, committed, & passionate about my journey. You will still see me at meetings receiving as well as giving support. You & I have shared the highs, lows, laughed, cried, victories, & setbacks, but through it all; we never have to wear a mask to be accepted. We are truly family because no one understands our battle with obesity and food addiction like we do. I will never forget all the wonderful people I’ve met at St. V’s that have helped me and supported me on my journey to health and happiness. I’m paying it forward now. Good luck to you, Jan. Would love to see you at a meeting again. Love you & big hugs. Kathy

3. Joyce says:

You should be so proud, for all of us who have heard for years that “everyone I know who has had WLS has regained all their weight back”. THAT IS SIMPLY NOT TRUE! Good for you, The support groups truly make such a difference for all of us. Keep up the good work, you look wonderful! Joyce

4. So proud of you. It’s so wonderful to find someone that is over ten years out like me but you lost a lot more weight than I did. I love how you pay it forward to community every day with your kind words and sweet spirit. I think we’re sisters from another mother.
    Love ya girl, Yvonne

5. Becky School says:

Kathy is not only a wonderful role model, she is a wonderful mentor and angel to hundreds of men and women when they prepare for, have and go through their weight loss journey. I am so proud of her personal accomplishments, but even more for how she has helped others.

6. Julie says:

This is the first time I have seen Kathy and was SHOCKED to see the after pictures. I swear it’s not the same person! Kathy looks 20 years younger and WOW, so different.

7. Cynthia snyder says:

Wow, you look wonderful. I hope I am as lucky as you to lose the weight that you have lose. I want to be able to play with my kids like they want me to. I want to be able to watch them grow up.