If you’re considering weight loss surgery, you probably have lots of questions about what to expect. We address a number of those in our FAQ section–but here we include a breakdown of the eating guidelines for weight loss surgery patients created by our dietitians at the St.Vincent Bariatric Center of Excellence.
It’s important to remember that each patient has individual needs, so your diet may end up looking a little different from what you find here. Go ahead and click on any of the PDF links in the list below, and be sure to contact us with your questions.
Order supplements online from the St.Vincent Women’s Health Boutique by clicking here.
The following links include identical, printable PDF versions of the page. If you have trouble opening them, you may want to download Adobe Reader.
- Contact Information, St.Vincent Bariatric Center of Excellence Dietitians
- The Day Before Surgery
- Eating in the Hospital
- Vitamin Supplements
- Protein Requirements and Protein Supplements
- New Beginnings . . . Life After Surgery
- Meal Plans
- 4 WEEKS Following Surgery: Full Liquids
- 5-8 WEEKS Following Surgery: Pureed Foods
- 9-15 WEEKS Following Surgery: Moving Beyond Pureed Foods
- 4-6 MONTHS Following Surgery
- 7-9 MONTHS Following Surgery
- 10-12 MONTHS Following Surgery
- 12-18 MONTHS Following Surgery
- 18 MONTHS and Beyond
- Foods to Avoid
If you have questions regarding any of this content, please contact us at the St.Vincent Bariatric Center of Excellence by calling 317-582-7088or toll-free 1-877-831-1582, or by by using the form below.